This half-day class will help prepare you for those first few weeks at home with baby. You will learn about your baby’s cues, normal newborn behavior, safety tips, how to get breastfeeding off to the right start and coping strategies for those first few weeks at home.
Class instruction is with a RN, BScN, BCIT Perinatal Nursing specialty, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant and a mother of five. This class follows the American and Canadian Paediatric guidelines for newborn care.
- When class is offered: November 25, December 9th, 2018.
- January 20, 2019, March 10, 2019, April 21, 2019.
- What time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Beban Park Social Centre, 2300 Bowen Rd, Nanaimo, BC V9T 3K7 [see Google map]
- How much: $35/couple for the group class
- Teaching methods: PowerPoint presentation with hands-on demonstrations
Animated Power Point Presentation along with hands on learning. This class follows the current recommendations from the American and Canadian Paediatric societies.