This class will help you prepare for those first weeks at home. Learn to understand your baby’s cues, health and safety tips along with the importance of self care after delivery.
- When is class offered in 2020: March 22, April 26, May 31, July 11, August 16, Sept 27, November 1.
- What time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Beban Park Social Centre, 2300 Bowen Rd, Nanaimo, BC V9T 3K7 [see Google map]
- How much: $35/couple for the group class
- Teaching methods: PowerPoint presentation with hands-on demonstrations
Animated Power Point Presentation along with hands on learning. This class follows the current recommendations from the American and Canadian Paediatric societies.
How It Works – Only 2 Steps!
- Fill out the form below to see if a spot is available at your chosen class
- If there is space, I will email you to confirm your spot and instructions for payment
Class can be paid for by etransfer (preferred) at firstname.lastname@example.org or via PayPal.
Pay for Prenatal Classes Understanding your Newborn
What to bring to class
- Water bottle and a bag lunch
- Comfortable loose-fitting clothing
- List of questions
- A pillow
The Birth of your Baby will be the most important day of your life.
I am passionate about supporting a woman’s right to choices in achieving her best possible birth experience. I have enjoyed a 11 year career as a Labour and Delivery RN. I have my BCIT specialty in Perinatal nursing, VIU Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Douglas College Breastfeeding Counsellor certification and have been a Board Certified Lactation Consultant since 2009.
Aside from my career as a RN, I am also a mother to five children with three being born in hospital by physicians and two by Midwife at home. I am very open minded when it comes to each individuals birth plan and want to offer my support along with knowledge in helping you achieve your best possible birth experience.
Private individual in home prenatal class also available. $120/90 minutes. If out of jurisdiction, travel rates may apply.